- Five year indentured apprenticeship
endorsed by the Nottingham And District Engineering Group Training
- In the college year 1974/75 I was
awarded an merit award presented by the Chairman of the Mechanical
Engineering Advisory Committee.
- Three years as an apprentice
fitter/machinist. Experience gained in fitting techniques and the use
of hand tools.
- Two years training in the drawing
office. All aspects of drawing office practice were covered from
design layouts through to detailing. Experience gained in the
- Automotive assembly fixtures and
- Special purpose machines.
- Jig and tool design.
- Six months training in the electrical
department working on the control of special purpose machines.
Experience gained in the following:
- Equipment layout and enclosure
- Schematic wiring diagrams.
- Relay logic diagrams.
- P.C.B. artwork.
- Working for such companies as Rolls
Royce, Chrysler, Ford, N.C.B., Demag, Becorit, Plessey and