- From design schemes (phase 1) and
written specification to produce detailed layouts of various passenger
environments including luggage racks, ceiling panels and supporting
- Upon design approval working drawings
were produced to enable production and installation of said items
- At all stages it was necessary to liaise
with all relevant specialist departments regarding materials, welding,
bonding, applied finishes etc.
- Involvement with suppliers was necessary
to evaluate requirements, production methods, tolerances and finishes.
- Upon first build it was necessary to
answer shop floor queries and also to liaise on such matters as would
enable shop / production to be more efficient and effective.
- Typical materials used were aluminium
and plastic extrusions, superformed aluminium panels, aluminium
castings and composite materials such as melaminium.
- Also the completion of all documentation
in connection with the above and in compliance with BS 5750.
- Some CAD experience. (Intergraph)